Date:      Tue, 3 Dec 1996 16:43:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      Nick Esborn <nick@grayphics.com>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2940UW Adaptec SCSI Controler

This is on a slightly fragmented partition.  Keep in mind that these are
older 4500rpm drives.  I don't know the RPMs of the drives you are using,
but they are likely to be 7200.  I use one of these mechanisms in our
Indy and it runs no faster, so I suspect this is roughly at the
sustainable transfer rate of the mechanism.  They are 2.9GB Seagate
Elites, I don't remember the model number offhand though.

On Tue, 3 Dec 1996, Ollivier Robert wrote:

> How full/fragmented is the partition you ran iozone on ?
>
> I was getting more than 4.5 MB/s r/w on a Conner CFP1080S and got 5.5 MB/s
> r/w out of my new (2 months) IBM DORS Ultrastar/ES 32160, both narrow.
> Using an EISA Buslogic BT-747S under 2.2-CURRENT.

Nick
Grayphics
http://www.grayphics.com/