Date:      Thu, 11 May 2000 16:55:09 +0200
From:      Bernd Luevelsmeyer <bernd.luevelsmeyer@heitec.net>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: One more question (different now)

Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Thu, 11 May 2000 03:58:57 +0200, Bernd Luevelsmeyer wrote:
>
> > The Standard itself is a book and can be bought as such in bookstores.
>
> Can you give us details?  Do I just hunt Amazon.com for "C99", or does
> it have a proper title?  I need this one.

What you want is "ISO/IEC 9899:1999 Programming languages -- C"

Where and how exactly you can get the book depends on national
circumstances. The C Standard is an ISO Standard, hence distribution is
handled by the national standards organization which is associated to
ISO. Best might be to find your member body in
http://www.iso.ch/addresse/membodies.html and contact them how to get
ISO Standards. They will have a 'how to purchase' on their web page, I
assume.

I also recommend the FAQ: http://www.iso.ch/infoe/faq.htm ; you can
search for Standards on http://www.iso.ch/cate/cat.html

In Germany, ISO Standards are handled by 'DIN' (www.din.de), which has
passed the printing and selling matters to the publishing house 'Beuth
Verlag'. Hence, in Germany you buy the Standard as a book from Beuth
Verlag. It's quite expensive by the way, when we got it we had to pay
about 700 German Mark.

Have fun,
	Bernd