Date:      Fri, 3 Sep 1999 10:41:59 +0100
From:      Dominic Mitchell <Dom.Mitchell@palmerharvey.co.uk>
To:        Thomas Gellekum <tg@ihf.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        Dominic Mitchell <Dom.Mitchell@palmerharvey.co.uk>, Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>, walton@nordicrecords.com, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Berkeley removes Advertising Clause

On Fri, Sep 03, 1999 at 11:26:42AM +0200, Thomas Gellekum wrote:
> Dominic Mitchell <Dom.Mitchell@palmerharvey.co.uk> writes:
>
> > What even more people seem to have missed is that new FreeBSD code is
> > down to a two clause license for some time anyhow...
> >
> > /usr/src/COPYRIGHT for those who haven't bothered to pay attention (back
> > of the class, please!).
>
> # $FreeBSD: src/COPYRIGHT,v 1.2.2.1 1999/08/29 15:55:24 peter Exp $
> #       @(#)COPYRIGHT   8.2 (Berkeley) 3/21/94
> [...]
> 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software
>    must display the following acknowledgement:
> This product includes software developed by the University of
> California, Berkeley and its contributors.
> 4. Neither the name of the University nor the names of its contributors
>    may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software
>    without specific prior written permission.

Darn.  I was sure we were down to a 2 clause copyright.  Guess I'll have
to hunt a little harder...
--
Dom Mitchell -- Palmer & Harvey McLane -- Unix Systems Administrator

"Ordinary folks who don't understand computers don't deserve to be
 mocked. Ordinary people who want to use their computers but refuse to
 learn anything about them do." -- slashdot comment

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com