Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 2002 08:10:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rotaru Razvan <roti_343@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   After compiliing the kernel....

Hello,

On FreeBSD 4.7 I recompiled the kernel. Basicly all I did was to remove
devices and options that were regarding hardware I do not have (i.e.
SCSI controllers, tape drives, USB controllers etc.). Now everything
works fine, except some error messages i get when booting. As I have
figured it out, the errors are simply there because the kernel does not
support them anymore. How can I do it to stop the system from looking
for those devices? Here is a sample of dmesg after booting:

config> di pcic0
No such device: pcic0
Invalid command or syntax. Type '?' for help
config> di sn0
config> di lnc0
config> di bt0
No such device bt0
Invalid command or syntax. Type '?' for help
config> di aic0
No such device bt0
Invalid command or syntax. Type '?' for help

...and so on... :)

Regards,
Razvan