Date:      Thu, 10 Dec 1998 17:40:27 +0200
From:      Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   mformat in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense.

Hello !

I keep getting this error while trying to mformat one faulty floppy.
The procedure is:

myhakas# mformat a:
plain_io: Input/output error
Trouble initializing a FAT sector
plain_io: Input/output error
^Cplain_io: Input/output error
^C^C^Cplain_io: Input/output error
mformat in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense.
mformat in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense.
myhakas#

The event occurs while repeatedly hitting Ctrl-C. Can this be any
help to identify well known junk pointer thing ? Otherwise I leave
it, because it doesn't cause any other trouble. I run quite recent
current from Dec. 6. I haven't seen it before and I do lot of work
with dos-formatted floppies. I provide any other information if
needed.

Vallo Kallaste
vallo@matti.ee