Date:      26 Mar 2001 15:34:04 +0100
From:      Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk>
To:        Martin Hasenbein <mh-freebsd-questions@space.Net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2 Questions

Martin Hasenbein <mh-freebsd-questions@space.Net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> 1. does anyone know, how to install StarOffice 5.2 under FreeBSD?!
> Simply install from the Ports-Selection or is it more difficult?

Install it from ports. I finally got it working, but you normally just
do
xhost +localhost
su
cd /usr/ports/editors/staroffice52
make install

Then when that is complete, kill the root session, and as your user do
cd /usr/ports/editors/staroffice52
make install-user

> 2. Does anyone habe experiences with DVD under FreeBSD?  Is it
> already supported, is there a good viewer?

I have not heard of anything in this area. Sorry.

--
- Wayne Pascoe
E-mail: wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk