Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 1996 13:55:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Wilson Liaw <macgyver@infinet.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   setting up ppp...

I ran into a problem with setting up ppp...

I'm installing a BSD machine, it has a NE2000 network card. After the initial
install, I want to set up the PPP, so before I exit the sysinstall program,
I told it to use ftp install, and to fetch the DES stuff...

on vtty3 I use the PPP dailer to connect to the local ISP, but the
sysinstall can't seem to resolve the ftp.freebsd.org, or anything else.

I exited, and booted the machine, 2.1 release comes up fine, the NE2000 is
working fine. I can hop around in the local TCP/IP network, but when I
try ppp (the tun0 variant), the same thing still happenes.

The funny thing is, the same procedure works fine for my machine
at work. The only difference is, my machine at work does not have
a network adapter...

So, is it possible to use both serial IP and NE2000 IP together?
If so, how?

Thanks