Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 2002 11:13:33 +0000
From:      Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        Chad Kline <i18rabbit@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: olympus c-1 (d-150)

In message <F2553GCIFoPkG0rm3rx00002108@hotmail.com>, Chad Kline writes:
>i see in /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/umass.c
>that support for the Olympus C-1 has been added.
>usbdevs detects my Olympus D-150 (US model #)
>as an Olympus C-1 (Japanese model #).

>Mar 23 23:24:29 en26 /kernel: umass0: OLYMPUS C-1Z,D-150Z, rev 1.10/10.15,

>Mar 23 23:24:30 en26 /kernel: umass0: BBB reset failed, TIMEOUT

Could you post the output of `usbdevs -v' when the camera is plugged
in? The "BBB reset failed" error message is exactly what I saw
before C1 support was added to umass.c, so I suspect your camera
has a different product ID, but needs the same workaround.

For a quick solution, try editing umass.c, and find the lines:

	if (UGETW(dd->idVendor) == USB_VENDOR_OLYMPUS &&
	    UGETW(dd->idProduct) == USB_PRODUCT_OLYMPUS_C1) {
		/*
		 * The Olympus C-1 camera uses a different command-status
		 * signature.
		 */
		sc->quirks |= WRONG_CSWSIG;
	}

Then change the condition so that all Olympus cameras can use the
workaround:

	if (UGETW(dd->idVendor) == USB_VENDOR_OLYMPUS) {
		/*
		 * The Olympus C-1 camera uses a different command-status
		 * signature.
		 */
		sc->quirks |= WRONG_CSWSIG;
	}

If that fixes the errors, the `usbdevs -v' output will be enough
to get the driver updated to work properly with this camera in
future.

Ian