Date:      Fri, 26 Jan 2001 13:53:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OpenSSH b0rked (was RE: Problems with IPFW patch)

:I would ask, that in -STABLE at least, the fatal error be backed
:out to a warning, at least for a few months (with sshd ignoring the
:directive, and continuing to run), and then only move to a fatal
:error + die.
:
:-aDe
:
:--
:Ade Lovett, Austin, TX.			ade@FreeBSD.org
:FreeBSD: The Power to Serve		http://www.FreeBSD.org/

    I second this request.  It also happened when pam.conf/ssh changed.
    Only the serial console saved me from a car trip to one of my
    colocated machines.  Two such changes in a row for ssh is too much.

						-Matt