Date:      Thu, 5 Apr 2007 10:23:49 -0700
From:      "John L. Utz III" <john@utzweb.net>
To:        jim@wingbarscafe.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Using xdm and twm on freebsd 6.2

Heh;

this was a real hair puller for me at one point.

xdm uses it's own init stuff.

in the xfree86 days i ran into a problem where i would get fvwm if i
did startx (that was what i wanted) and twm if i did xdm :-)

i suspect that in xorg the default xdm init isnt shipped anymore.

i would google for twm xdm and xfree86 and you might find a copy of
the xdm init stuff that was in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/{xinit or xdm}
(cant recall which)

HTH

johnu