Date:      Sat, 29 Jun 2002 12:45:48 -0400
From:      Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>
To:        Thomas Widlundh <tw@ettnet.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux programs

On Saturday 29 June 2002 11:02 am, Thomas Widlundh wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm running f-bsd 4.5 with linux-base 6.1.
> Is it possible for me to run native linux programs like the Mozilla?
> Should I install the "installer" version or the tar-ball and compile
> it etc?
> Any thoughts on this?
> Thanks, Thomas
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20

I'm using linux_base-7.1 and have Mozilla working great with the linux pl=
ugins=20
java/realplayer/shockwave.  I just use the tarball version.  You will wan=
t to=20
install the following ports to get mozilla to work: linux-gtk, linux-jpeg=
,=20
linux-png. AIM and other linux programs seem to work fine.

--=20
Anish Mistry