Date:      Fri, 27 Sep 1996 01:01:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: JDK 1.0.2 for FreeBSD released [Java Development Kit]

On Thu, 26 Sep 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> From: Jeffrey Hsu <hsu@FreeBSD.org>
> Subject: JDK 1.0.2 for FreeBSD
>
> Announcement
> ------------
> A native FreeBSD binary distribution of the JDK 1.0.2 is now available from
>   freefall.FreeBSD.org:/pub/FreeBSD/LOCAL_PORTS/jdk102.tar.gz
> This port contains the java interpreter, compiler, and appletviewer.
> This is a completely unsupported distribution.

Beautiful! Wonderful! My life is now complete!

Wow, this is super - I just grabbed it and tryed it out; it all works like
a charm. Now I never have to leave FreeBSD! And now I can poke fun at the
linux folk about having a 1.0.2 on fbsd while they still are stuck
with 1.0.1....

Much thanx to Jeffrey Hsu for this, I spent way too much time trying to
get guavac compiled on FreeBSD; to have a 'real' sun jdk is comforting.
Again, thanx for the effort (this goes to all involved in FreeBSD). I'll
send my donation cheque as soon as I can scrounge up some cash, and maybe
some day I'll be able to contribute to the collective! :-)

cya,
-Mark

| Mark Mayo		mark@quickweb.com |
| C-Soft  	        www.quickweb.com  |
"To iterate is human, to recurse divine."
		- L. Peter Deutsch