Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2001 21:58:22 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boot messages

In message <200104260301.XAA15921@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu> Garrett Wollman writes:
: <<On Wed, 25 Apr 2001 16:57:56 -0600, Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org> said:
:
: > Actually, it is a bug.  The drivers in the tree should grok these pnp
: > ids.
:
: Actually, no, it is not a bug.  The FreeBSD drivers for these devices
: manage their resources differently from the way the Windows drivers
: do, and the result is not unexpected if you look closely at the dump
: in verbose mode.

Ummm, I have to disagree here.  The PNP ids aren't for keyboards and
the like.  They are for floppy disks, serial ports and the like.  The
things that we already have a driver for in the tree.  That's why the
can't allocate messages happen.  Someone else, who doesn't handle PNP
stuff, has already grabbed the resource.

Warner