Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 2003 02:06:34 +0900 (JST)
From:      SUGIMURA Takashi =?iso-2022-jp?B?GyRCP3lCPBsoQiAbJEI1LjtOGyhC?= <sugimura@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        hununu@netcabo.pt
Subject:   Re: IDEs

Hello,

>I am very happy to see the advances made with JDK1.4 (I even have it
>compiled on a 5.0-p4) and I'm waiting for the day that I can work in
>FreeBSD to program in Java. I would like to know if someone has ported
>Eclipse or if the project (I read something in the archives) hasn't
>advanced due to lack of time. Is anyone doing devel work with FreeBSD
>using java? I suppose people aren't using IDEs. :-)

Thanks for Alexander Kabaev, he ported Eclipse for FreeBSD.
Last week I tried it and I found it works well.

Here are the screenshots.
http://yasudakei.org/sugimura/image/eclipse-20030312-1.png
http://yasudakei.org/sugimura/image/eclipse-20030312-2.png

But I always write codes with XEmacs,
so I cannot evaluate it for more details.

Just FYI.

---
SUGIMURA Takashi <sugimura@YasudaKei.org> http://YasudaKei.org/