Date:      Wed, 9 Aug 1995 22:03:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      bmk@dtr.com
To:        vince@penzance.econ.yale.edu (-Vince-)
Cc:        jhay@mikom.csir.co.za, lix@cs.pdx.edu, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: httpd can't start

> On Tue, 8 Aug 1995, John Hay wrote:

> > The FreeBSD package of cern httpd reads it config file (httpd.conf) in
> > /usr/local/etc. You should put it there if you don't specify it on the
> > command line.

> 	Speaking about setting up httpd, how do you set it up exactly?
> Does anyone have any sample config files?

CERN httpd comes with sample config files.

If you installed the package or port, the sample configs should be in
/usr/local/www/config - there are several example configurations.

CERN httpd is documented on the w3 project's WWW server, if I'm not
mistaken.  The URL is http://www.w3.org/hypertext/WWW/Daemon/Status.html).

Configuring a simple http server is easy - but read the documentation.