Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2000 08:44:10 -0400
From:      Robert Withrow <witr@rwwa.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail missing?

chris@aims.com.au said:
:-This does require that NO_SENDMAIL should be set to true in /etc/
:-make.conf to avoid clobbering the newer version of sendmail if
:-performing a make world.

Actually, I've kinda wondered if it would be better for *all* of these
kind of things (separately-maintained things) to be ports and *not* be
part of the base systems.

Wait, Wait!  Before you freak out!  ;-)

What I had in mind is that the install program, would install these things
much like it installs Linux compatibility now.  This would give you the
best of both worlds: a complete and functional system at installation time,
and easy and modular update-ability/upgrade-ability in the future.

Just an idea.