Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 1996 16:54:23 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Adam David <adam@veda.is>
To:        dyson@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sig 11's on current

> > > I just compiled current (3/2) (just after some vm changes) and now I get
> > > a bunch of SIG 10 and 11's, especially when compiling.
> >
> > Me too.  I get sig 10/11 when trying to make top, bonnie, et.al.  Top would
> > compile, but make would core if I tried make install.  Make blows up on Bonnie
> > during the ``extraction'' phase.  A kernel older than Saturday works fine.
> >
> I'll do some more complete testing on 6M and 8M machines tonite.
>
> John
> dyson@freebsd.org

I have been getting these too, along with unusual Malloc warnings, and from
all manner of programs. This is on a 16 MB machine which is heavily loaded
for the memory size. Sources are from March 6th. The parent process of such
abnormally terminated processes has been observed sometimes to wait forever,
with CPU% in the region of 0% or 120%, until killed manually (does not respond
to keyboard).

--
Adam David <adam@veda.is>