Date:      Fri, 25 Sep 2015 10:42:48 -0300
From:      "Dr. Rolf Jansen" <rj@obsigna.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Clearance of checksum flags when decapsulating ESP packets

Please, may I ask about the rationale behind the lines 1557 to 1562 in =
function udp4_espdecap() of file src/sys/netinet/udp_usrreq.c on  =
FreeBSD 10.2-RELEASE-p3.

=E2=80=A6
	/*
	 * We cannot yet update the cksums so clear any
	 * h/w cksum flags as they are no longer valid.
	*/
	 if (m->m_pkthdr.csum_flags & CSUM_DATA_VALID)
		m->m_pkthdr.csum_flags &=3D =
~(CSUM_DATA_VALID|CSUM_PSEUDO_HDR);
=E2=80=A6

I am specially interested in learning about possibly adverse effects on =
operating an IPsec and IPsec-NAT-T enabled kernel when leaving the =
checksum flags in place, i.e. removing the above lines from the file =
src/sys/netinet/udp_usrreq.c.

Many thanks in advance for any enlightment.

Best regards

Rolf Jansen