Date:      Thu, 12 Oct 1995 10:27:35 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        hedley@cs.bris.ac.uk (David Hedley)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCNFS

> Has anybody managed to get a PC running PCNFS (5.x) to mount a directory on
> a FreeBSD host using the standard nfsd/mountd combination? I can't get it
> to work at all. In the end I have resorted to compiling the user-space nfs
> server code that Linux uses and this seems to work OK (although directories
> with more than 20 files seem to screw it up badly).

PCNFS required PCNFSD or PCNFSD functionality.

On Linux, the functionality is "almost there" (as you found out) in the
user space daemon.

On BSD, you *must* run the PCNFSD.

Luckily PCNFSD source comes with PCNFSD.

I believe there are several ports (Sun, Beame and Whiteside) lying around
already.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---