Date:      Tue, 17 Sep 1996 12:00:33 -0300
From:      compland@ism.com.br (Helio Coelho Jr. - CompuLand Informatica)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   cga...again

Hi:

    I'm trying to run a 386 box with a CGA adapter. I can boot up the machine,
but after the boot, by the time the system probes the devices, the attribute
of the caracters of the display (mode) are changed (as usual, the caracters
get brighter). It's normal, and if you're using a VGA adapter, no problem.
But the old 'crap' cga monitor do not support that modes, then I can't see
anything in the display. I changed the kernel options to support PCVT. Now
I can see the all the messages (they got underlined!), but the keyboard...
I think it changes the keyboard layout to VT220 but  I'm using the
standard PC keyboard...things get worse! Any ideas to help me out ?

Thanks a lot!
Regards,
Helio.