Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 1999 09:19:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Mark J. Taylor" <mtaylor@cybernet.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ccd bugs (was: Kernel hacker tasks seek interested hackers)

This may be related:
There is a long as a parameter to ccdbuffer that needs to be a u_long.
Otherwise, you'll get panics (can't remember where).
Basically, bcount needs to be a u_long in all cases.

I haven't gotten around, because of the NetMAX for Linux project, to
comitting things like this to the FreeBSD project.

-Mark Taylor
NetMAX Developer
mtaylor@cybernet.com
http://www.netmax.com/

Patches relative to FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE.
Pine probably botched the formatting, so do this by hand.

*** ccd.c       1999/07/17 00:15:53     1.1
--- ccd.c       1999/07/22 04:03:37     1.2
***************
*** 199,201 ****
  static        void ccdbuffer __P((struct ccdbuf **ret, struct ccd_softc
*,
!               struct buf *, daddr_t, caddr_t, long));
  static        void ccdgetdisklabel __P((dev_t));
--- 199,201 ----
  static        void ccdbuffer __P((struct ccdbuf **ret, struct ccd_softc
*,
!               struct buf *, daddr_t, caddr_t, u_long));
  static        void ccdgetdisklabel __P((dev_t));
***************
*** 767,769 ****
  {
!       register long bcount, rcount;