Date:      Fri, 24 Dec 1999 10:20:58 -0800
From:      Michael Sierchio <kudzu@dnai.com>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org, freebsd-core@freebsd.org
Subject:   mlockall() not supported (2nd query)

mlockall() and munlockall() don't appear to be supported on FreeBSD.

I consider this to be a security issue -- since maintaining a lot of
fine-grained locks is harder than locking the entire heap/stack in
memory.  This is crucial for generating keys for cryptosystems,
which is my current project.

One of the stated goals is to be able to repond in the negative to
a discovery request for removal and inspection of a hard drive,  with
the plausible and rational explanation that no information of relevance
ever touches magnetic storage media.

I am trying to keep FreeBSD in the running,  along with Linux and
Solaris. I would be happy to assist in any way possible.  Please
respond.

Michael Sierchio

--
QUI ME AMET, CANEM MEUM ETIAM AMET