Date:      Sat, 27 Mar 2004 23:32:55 +1000 (EST)
From:      User Ernie <ernie@spooky.eis.net.au>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCI ADSL card and PPPoA

Firstly I have to warn you I am a Netgraph newbie,and despite looking for
hours, I have not found much of a tutorial on how it all fits together.

I recently obtained a PCI ADSl modem card, Pulsar ADSL from Traverse
Technologies http://www.traverse.com.au

They have some test FreeBSD drivers http://adsl4linux.no-ip.org/pulsar.html
that implement a bridge mode ADSL connection using netgraph modules:

Id Refs Address    Size     Name
 1    8 0xc0400000 65ab28   kernel
 2    1 0xc0a5b000 7794     ng_atm.ko
 3    4 0xc0a63000 14abc    netgraph.ko
 4    1 0xc0a78000 386c     ng_eiface.ko
 5    2 0xc0a7c000 3030     atm_aal.ko
 6    1 0xc0a80000 440dc    if_pls.ko
 7    1 0xc0ac5000 2d50     ng_atmllc.ko

This all seems to work fine, the modules load up and I get an ADSL sync
light on the ADSL PCI card.

However I need to run PPPoE or PPPoA to connect to my ISP,
I tried user ppp and mpd but the both complained that the interface was not
ethernet.

Is it possible to use some like ng_ppp  and mpd to hook to this card so I
can establish a PPPoA session? If so can anyone suggest an mpd config?

- Ernie.