Date:      Sun, 5 Dec 1999 13:42:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Fundakowski Feldman <green@FreeBSD.org>
To:        security@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        markus@OpenBSD.org
Subject:   Please review: OpenSSH rate-limiting

In order to prevent DoS attacks from increasing system load, I've added
a "ConnectionsPerPeriod" setting to OpenSSH's sshd(8).  I've now updated
the documentation, changed the sample configuration file to use a
LoginGraceTime of 1 minute and ConnectionsPerPeriod setting of 5
connections per 10 seconds, in addition to the actual code which implements
the rate-limiting.
   If there are no obstructing objections, I'd like to commit it to the
OpenSSH port.  Diffs relative to the current OpenSSH port can be found at

http://www.FreeBSD.org/~green/openssh.connectionsperperiod.patch
MD5 (openssh.connectionsperperiod.patch) = f42429503f29c073e3e5a835e95d8b02

   Thanks in advance!