Date:      Tue, 15 Nov 2005 02:21:38 -0500
From:      Omar Thameen <omar@westside.urbanblight.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.4 on a Thinkpad 240 - help with apm, X

A follow-up for the archives.

1) To get apm working,
   a) Compile apm into the kernel (can't use as a LKM)
   b) In /boot/loader.conf,

hint.acpi.0.disabled="1"
hint.apm.0.disabled="0"

      The 2nd line overrides a setting in /boot/device.hints .

2) The mouse problem was due to hardware - the silicon ribbon detached
between the buttons and its connector under the keyboard.

3) On to bluetooth!

Omar