Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 1999 15:41:03 +0200
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@ucb.crimea.ua>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@iafrica.com>
Cc:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SUID/SGID installations in make world

On Thu, Mar 25, 1999 at 03:09:02PM +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Mar 1999 08:12:56 GMT, Brian Somers wrote:
>
> > Would anyone have any objections to me adding
> >
> > INSTALL=	install -C
> >
> > to all Makefiles that install setuid/setgid binaries ?
>
> Hi Brian,
>
> This might cut down on the size of the next night's security check mail,
> but it'd really bugger those of us who use the "make world, reinstall
> ports, find -ctime" trick to keep the machine crud-free.
>
> Ciao,
> Sheldon.

Moreover, I would like the opposite.
Currently, includes are installed with "-C".  What for?!

If they were installed with "-c", it would be easy
to determine what includes can be removed.

To work around this I often rename /usr/includes to
/usr/includes.old before installing the world.

Later,
--
Ruslan Ermilov		Sysadmin and DBA of the
ru@ucb.crimea.ua	United Commercial Bank