Date:      Sat, 12 Feb 2000 12:05:19 -0600 (CST)
From:      James Wyatt <jwyatt@rwsystems.net>
To:        Gene Harris <zeus@tetronsoftware.com>
Cc:        "David A. Gobeille" <dgobe@mcs.net>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DSL firewall and DNS

On Sat, 12 Feb 2000, Gene Harris answered David A. Gobeille's DSL/DNS
questions with:
	[ ... ]
> Now that I have a better idea about your service, you'll be
> a lot better off letting the isp be your 2nd DNS server.
> That way, if your machine blows up, folks can still view
> your web site, send you email, etc.

Or have your ISP secondary from your primary DNS server on your DSL and
put their servers on the InterNic records... You will also have fewer
folks trying to hack your primary DNS server when it isn't listed. 8{)

It lets you update easily while providing more reliable and faster DNS
host. (Not to knock your host, but the link adds a hop or two, a dozen or
so mS, and more pieces) Always reduce the path to DNS servers... - Jy@