Date:      Mon, 12 Apr 1999 18:08:55 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Philippe CASIDY <pcasidy@worldnet.fr>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   What about a 3Com 3c589EC

Hello,

My kernel is 3.1R with the upgrade package.
I have recently bought a 3Com Megahertz 3Com 3c589EC. This is a 3C589E
+ combo adaptator for Base10/Base2.

I have modified the pccard.conf (copied the settings for 3C589D) and
booted!

And I have a "driver allocation failed for 3Com"

One strange behavior is that when I insert the card, I have the
following message:
 /kernel: Card inserted, slot 3

slot3!???

If I replace the 3C589E by a 3C589D (also with a combo connector), I
just have the message about the card being inserted! But I have nothing
more with 'ifconfig -a'.
I have to reboot to have
 "driver allocation failed for 3Com Corporation"

Please help, I am in the big ... if neither 589D nor 589E works!!!

Phil.

P.S.: on box is written "Linux" and several line under "Advanced
networking OS". ;-)