Date:      Sun, 14 Feb 1999 14:38:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Jonathan W. Myers" <jmyers@tce.tcenet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PPP_FILTER, pppd, and bpfilter

I am currently using a FreeBSD machine as a terminal server, with 40
modems attached to it, and using pppd.  I'd like to utilize PPP_FILTER,
but am not sure how many (if any) 'bpfilter' pseudo devices to install.
Do I need 40 of them??  or does pppd and just the PPP_FILTER option in
kernel config enough?
Or should I just experiment?  I just didnt want too much bloat in the
kernel if I dont need it.

(As a side note, I'm using ppp_filter in conjunction with a 20 minute idle
timeout, ignoring mail checks (port 110), and icmp.  Anything else I
should ignore?)
					- - -   JwM