Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2000 11:30:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      Sefkan Botani <sefkan@tr909.trackstar.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   qmail port in 4.2beta, new errors on attempted install

Hello folks!

I've been wanting to install the "qmail" port for FreeBSD and I
do believe that I need some guru assistance.

I do the usual "make && make install" in the "qmail" directory
and everything goes well untill I get the following errors:

...stripped output...
install -C -c -o root -g wheel -m 555
/usr/ports/mail/qmail/files/mkaliasdir /var/qmail/doc
./config: permission denied
*** Error code 126

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/qmail.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/qmail.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/qmail.
...stripped output...

When I spotted the "./config: permission denied", I quickly
looked for the "config" script(s) and found them in the
/usr/ports/mail/qmail/work/qmail-1.03.

two of the scripts had 644 permissions, I changed them to 755
(though they should be 700 ?) for now.
running ./config* works, but I'm not sure if all is well.

Additional suggestions, recomended actions and assistance
will be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,
-Sefkan