Date:      Fri, 04 Apr 2014 16:43:51 +0400
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@passap.ru>
To:        Peter Harrison <four.harrisons@googlemail.com>,  questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Poudriere problem

04.04.2014 21:41, Peter Harrison пишет:
> Hello list.
>
> I'm experimenting with poudriere for the first time, so that I can avoid building updates on my laptop and build them on my server instead.
>
> So I've installed poudriere and set up a jail:
>
> # poudriere jail -l
> JAILNAME             VERSION              ARCH    METHOD
> laptop               9.2-RELEASE          i386    ftp

Great. So you have a jail with FreeBSD version 9.2-RELEASE.

> Now I want to update it:

Do you really want to update the jail? I.e. to change a version
if FreeBSD in the jail? The jail has version 9.0-RELEASE and
imo can not be upgraded. If you need to update to the latest
STABLE vesion you should use "-v stable/9" option while creating
a jail.

> # poudriere jail -u -j laptop
> cat: /usr/local/share/poudriere/../../etc/poudriere.d/jails/laptop/fs: No such file or directory
> ====>> Error: Unable to update jail laptop: it is running
>
> OK, so I'll stop the jail then:
>
> # poudriere jail -k -j laptop
> cat: /usr/local/share/poudriere/../../etc/poudriere.d/jails/laptop/fs: No such file or directory
> ====>> Jail laptop-default not running, but cleaning up anyway
> ====>> Umounting file systems

Are you sure that the jail is running? (Use "jls" to ensure).
Ususally poudriere juns jails only while port building. And
stops jails while finished.

> And I still can't update it, or delete it or anything:
>
> # poudriere jail -d -j laptop
> cat: /usr/local/share/poudriere/../../etc/poudriere.d/jails/laptop/fs: No such file or directory
> ====>> Error: Unable to delete jail laptop: it is running
>
> What am I doing wrong, and how can properly administer this (update, delete etc.) now that I've got it running.
>
> Thanks,

More information you may get from POUDRIERE(8) and here:
https://wiki.freebsd.org/PkgPrimer#Using_poudriere

--
WBR, Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD Committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve