Date:      Mon, 27 Jul 1998 18:12:03 -0500
From:      "M. Maxwell" <drwho@xnet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Alt key in text mode...

Ok, I'm getting a little irritated about this one.

I need to get the Alt key to work in text mode.  Right now, I try typing:

  Alt+BackSpace

Nothing happens.  Instead, I have to hit escape, backspace.  Not only is
it annoying, but in Emacs, the annoyance becomes a problem.

Is there something I need to put in the keymap file?  If so, what?  At
least give me an idea...  I'm strongly tempted to go back to Linux over
little details like this.  I really don't want to have to do that.

I would greatly appreciate any info on this.  Thank you.

--
drwho @ xnet.com  --   http://www.xnet.com/~drwho/
"Freedom of government is good, but freedom FROM government is better."