Date:      Mon, 2 Mar 1998 20:06:25 -0600 (CST)
From:      jesse@imailbox.com
To:        Banjo <jazz@provide.net>
Subject:   Re: Developing an Operating System

Ouch! From what I hear, UNIX is not the place to start learning how to
make an operating system. What I've heard recommended by various people
is:
1) Operating System Design and Implementation, by Mr. Tanembam, I believe.
It's published by prentice hall, and comes with the operating system
MINUX.
2) The DOS-C kernel, and FreeDOS related material. www.freedos.org .
3) For the new cache-kernel model for operating systems, check out
www.freedows.org . I think it's the first operating system based on the
cache-kernel design (not that it's done yet... <g>).

Good Luck,

"... that's why we need a name that's cutting edge: Like CutCo, or
EdgeCom, InterSlice...."
        Jesse Kipp, zaphod@imailbox.com NOT jesse@imailbox.com, that is
pine's vicious lie.