Date:      Mon, 9 Mar 1998 03:41:09 +0800 (SGT)
From:      chas <panda@peace.com.my>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   accessing email via web for freebsd.

Does anyone know if there are there any scripts or
applications available for creating a web front end
to email using FreeBSD ?

If I have to write my own, does anyone have any
advice as to which approach would be better :

- accessing the mail file directly via the filesystem.
or
- communicating with the POP server using sockets.

(I am guessing the the second would be better since it
allows for more scalability if we wished to separate
the mail server and webserver gateway. I'm not sure if
the former would also cause problems with sendmail and
filelocking.)

Thanks in advance,

chas