Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 1996 21:25:26 -0559 (CST)
From:      Boyd Faulkner <faulkner@asgard.bga.com>
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        julian@ref.tfs.com, fenner@parc.xerox.com, jkh@time.cdrom.com, rkw@dataplex.net, kimc@w8hd.org, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sup is broken?

According to David Greenman:

> >make it so..
>
>    Not until someone goes and verifies that all of the sup*.freebsd.org
> targets are working correctly. Also, my experiance with multiple A records
> is that it always comes up with them same one (not random).
>
> -DG

And hopefully, there will be some guarantee that they will update at the
same time.  I would hate to sup once, change servers and actually go
backwards because the new server was behind the old one.

Boyd

> >> Has anyone thought of not calling it sup.freebsd.org any more?  Call it
> >> sup-master.freebsd.org, instead, and give sup.freebsd.org 3 A records, those
> >> of sup1, sup2, and sup3.  That way, if someone doesn't know what they are
> >> doing, they will get a random one of sup1, sup2 or sup3; if they know what
> >> they are doing they will use sup[123] directly, and it would be really hard to
> >> hit freefall by accident.

        Boyd Faulkner            "The fates lead him who will;
   faulkner@asgard.bga.com       Him who won't, they drag."
http://asgard.bga.com/~faulkner  Old Roman Saying -- Source:  Joseph Campbell