Date:      Sat, 29 Jun 2002 14:44:56 -0500 (CDT)
From:      William Palfreman <william@palfreman.com>
To:        Lord Raiden <raiden23@netzero.net>
Cc:        Ken Ebling <kebling@us-it.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: when will this happen?

On Sat, 29 Jun 2002, Lord Raiden wrote:

>          Actually, I like that Idea.  I'm definitely interested too when
> this will happen.  Plus, I'd be curious if IPFW also supported filtering my
> Mac Address.  If not, it should be something to consider.  IT would help
> keep out pesky script kiddies who keep the same modem or nic card, but
> constantly change IP's.  :)
>
> At 02:49 PM 6/28/02 -0400, Ken Ebling wrote:
> >will ipfw/dummynet ever support filtering by mac address?

How can this happen/be useful when almost all the time the people you want
to filter out are not on the same Ethernet network as you?  Remember, from
the point of view of your Internet facing nic, almost every IP address is
the world is associated with only one MAC address, that of your managed
switch.

--
William Palfreman