Date:      Tue, 9 Jan 1996 21:27:45 +0000
From:      "Grant Lewis" <Grant.Lewis@sims.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question concerning install

I've reached a bit of crossroads while trying to install with the
automated installation. I'm trying to do a minimal install from an
extended DOS partition. I downloaded the bin a floppies
subdirectories from freebsd.org and created the boot floppy.
Everything was going smoothly until it told me I needed to assign
some disk labels before I could proceed with the installation. I
assumed that meant I needed to do some type of format or create the
file systems, but I wasn't sure. I selected the auto option from
fdisk to create my slices, but I guess I missed something somewhere.

Since freebsd recognized my hardware, something Linux would never do,
I'm eager to get it installed. A little assistance would be
appreciated. I didn't see an installation mailing list, so I
apologize if I mailed this question to the wrong list.

Grant Lewis - lewisg@sims.net or lewis@mail.scra.org