Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2007 15:57:57 -0400
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@crodrigues.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Martin <list@manuelmartini.it>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD mysql Benchmark  on 4BSD/ULE scheduler and i386/amd64

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 03:42:06PM -0400, Craig Rodrigues wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 03:47:29PM +0100, Martin wrote:
> >
> > You can view my benchmark here:
> > https://manuelmartini.it/bench/mysql/
>
> Can you add links your kernel config file for
> each configuration you tested?
> It looks like your 6.2 configuration does not have
> WITNESS enabled, but your 7.0 configuration does.

Also some more discussion would be useful, e.g. you appear to be
testing on different machines so the most important thing to
understand is how, or whether, the hardware differs.  You do link to
the dmesgs, but it's hard to process this into a summary form whereas
you presumably know the details.

I am also unfamiliar with the benchmark itself, can you give me a
pointer to the software?  If it is doing disk I/O then you may be
mostly measuring the speed of your disks, which is why the previous
paragraph is so important to understand.

Kris

P.S. Also, making this available by http instead of https would be
great, your SSL certificates are expired, unsigned and misconfigured
so you have to go through 3 dialogue boxes to load the page.