Date:      Tue, 3 Mar 1998 12:20:22 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jim Lowe <james@miller.cs.uwm.edu>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com, mike@smith.net.au
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, jak@cetlink.net, opsys@mail.webspan.net, smp@csn.net, tlambert@primenet.com, toor@dyson.iquest.net
Subject:   Re: 3.0-RELEASE?

> To: Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
> cc: tlambert@primenet.com, toor@dyson.iquest.net, current@FreeBSD.ORG,
>         jak@cetlink.net, opsys@mail.webspan.net, smp@csn.net
> From: Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
>
> > You know there is the MBone for this sort of scenarios and it
> > will not be difficult to setup world group meetings where
> > folks can go attend the session for instance Whistle has or had
> > a fine mbone tunnel .
>
> Hah.  You forget that nobody outside the Bay area has the mbone
> anymore, if they ever had it in the first place.

The Mbone seems to work fine here in the midwest.  I have been
watching places all over the world and listening to radio free
vat with nearly 0% loss for over a week now.  I guess it just
depends on your service provider and how seriously they take
running multicast.  If they don't have enough bandwidth to
properly exchange unicast traffic, they certainly aren't going
to have enough for multicast traffic.

	-Jim