Date:      Wed, 11 May 2016 11:30:59 -0700
From:      Matthew Macy <mmacy@nextbsd.org>
To:        "Andreas Nilsson" <andrnils@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-x11@freebsd.org" <freebsd-x11@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Update 2 the state of drm-next-4.6 and next steps

 ---- On Wed, 11 May 2016 07:15:23 -0700 Andreas Nilsson <andrnils@gmail.com> wrote ----
 > Execellent news!
 > Time to get -CURRENT onto the X1 Yoga and test. 4.6 is new enough to run skylake, is it not?

As of this moment 4.6 is still on rc7. The 4.6 driver supports up through the as of yet unreleased Kaby Lake chip. In other words this driver adds additional support for Haswell PCIIDs not yet supported in the 3.8 driver, Broadwell, Skylake, and Kaby Lake. I haven't tested on a Skylake yet. However, I will be getting one Friday. At which point I'll be better able to vouch for its support.

Cheers.

-M