Date:      Sat, 12 Feb 2000 15:15:57 +0000
From:      Scott Mitchell <s.mitchell@computer.org>
To:        Ken Hoelmer <kwhoelmer@prodigy.net>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: no card in database for ""("")

On Sat, Feb 12, 2000 at 08:36:49AM -0500, Ken Hoelmer wrote:
> Newbie question:  I am receiving the no card in database for ""("")
> message after making the changes and recompiling FreeBSD 3.4 on my Dell
> Latitude P3-500 with the Xircom RealPort Ethernet/Modem (32 bit).

I take it by '32-bit' you mean this is the CardBus version of the RealPort?
If so, I'm afraid you're out of luck.  There is no FreeBSD driver for this
card (yet; the 16-bit versions do work however) and in any case 3.4 doesn't
support CardBus devices.

Solutions?  Get a 16bit Ethernet/Modem card (the Xircom ones work fine) or
wait until 4.0 is released with CardBus support and the driver for your
card is written...

	Scott