Date:      Sat, 29 Jun 2002 15:54:17 -0400
From:      Andrew Lankford <arlankfo@141.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   about a simple (?) sendmail configuration

I happen to be a confirmed nMH user.  It handles incoming messages using POP
outgoing messages fine, since they're all routed through my isp in the normal
way.  However, I can't get local mail (the sort of stuff the root user gets
from crontab and periodic), send-pr, or just "echo howdy | sendmail anotheruser " to work successfully because sendmail (which I've disabled in rc.conf with
"NONE") isn't configured and doesn't know the right host to direct outgoing
mail with.  So my question is how does one set up sendmail so that it
can only pass on local messages to the system mail queue and
smtpserver.myisp.com?  The latter can be done easily with any crumby windows
email client.  I had it working a while back, but with the recent changes
(yes, probably for the better) I'm at a loss.

Andrew Lankford