Date:      Tue, 28 Jan 2003 14:31:00 -0200
From:      Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>
Cc:        "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@shiningsilence.com>, Carl Makin <carl@stagecraft.cx>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ffmpeg and 5.0-RELEASE

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 07:51:31PM +0100, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Jan 2003 23:25:51 -0500 (EST)
> "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@shiningsilence.com> wrote:
>
> JCS> Is anyone successfully using ffmpeg to capture video on a 5.0-RELEASE
> JCS> machine?  I've been trying to grab video from my bt878 board; it
> JCS> works in that I can get video and audio with fxtv, but ffmpeg seems
> JCS> to say this, no matter what:
> JCS>
> JCS> > ffmpeg /tmp/out.mpg
> JCS> Could not find video grab device
>
> 	The ffmpeg 0.46 port (/usr/ports/multimedia/ffmpeg) does not
> get built with capture support by default. It also doesn't use the MMX
> code and so runs too slowly for capture (I only recently figured out
> why it was so slow).

	This has just been fixed in the ffmpeg port. Thanks to Steve O'Hara-Smith's
closer look. :)

> 	Both of these should get fixed soon (as in the fixes are done and
> in the pipeline), in the meantime the ffmpeg045 port captures nicely.

	Okay, please you all try the new ffmpeg port to see if this
is all fixed.

	Regards,

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
Computer Science Undergraduate | FreeBSD Committer | CS Developer