Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 2006 22:23:06 +0200
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
To:        Niki Denev <niki@totalterror.net>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB bluetooth dongles

On Monday 17 July 2006 21:47, Niki Denev wrote:
> Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> > Looks like there is one byte missing in the packet. Could you try the
> > following: Edit "/sys/netgraph/bluetooth/drivers/ubt/ng_ubt.c" and change
> > ".bufsize = 0," to ".bufsize = 256 + 16,", in the following piece of
> > code:
>
> [...]
>
> Now i can issue inquiry command properly, and all devices are discovered.

Thanks for testing.

> The only thing that looks different to me compared to the old stack
> is the "usbd_fill_iface_data: invalid wMaxPacketSize" message, that others
> have also reported, but i think it's safe to ignore them for now?

Yes, there is no danger in the message, but apparently some descriptors are
invalid. Could you have made your device attach as "ugen", by not loading
"ng_ubt". Then install the port at "/usr/ports/sysutils/udesc_dump", run
"udesc_dump" on your device, and post the output?

> I think the check that generates the message does not exist in
> the code of the old stack.

Right.

> > I haven't got to the point of rewriting the ural driver yet. You can
> > expect some improvements coming.
>
> That's great, i'll be happy to help. I have ural(4) hardware and can do
> tests if needed.

I'll post some messages to this list when the rewrite is ready for testing.

--HPS