Date:      Sun, 22 Jun 1997 22:55:35 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Lars Fredriksen <lars@fredriks-1.pr.mcs.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Upping the dmesg buffer

Hi,
	Currently the MSG_BSIZE in /usr/include/sys/msgbuf.h is defined
as 8K. Would anyone have huge objections to making this 10-12-14-16K?

Right now if you have a fair amount of scsi devices on connected to the
machine (particularly if some of those devices have multiple luns) you
end up loosing a lot of information ( and that is without the -v option).

I set mine currently to 16k and that works fine( just need a rebuild of
dmesg), and if this is something that people in general are not willing
to spend their memory for, then I'll just have to modify it locally.

Just thought I'd ask what others needs are in this regard.

Lars
Lars Fredriksen		fredriks@mcs.com		(home)
			lars@fredriks-1.pr.mcs.net	(home-home)