Date:      Thu, 7 Nov 2002 23:44:52 +0100
From:      Emmanuel Rens <rens.emmanuel@wanadoo.fr>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   many ports refuse to make

Hi, I upgraded recently to stable from FreeBSD 4.4 and made a cvsup
ports-all, but now many ports refuse to install for different reasons,
often related to GLIB 2.2 or automake. For example I can't install
sawfish2 or kde3. I've listed hereafter some of the error messages I
get. Thank you in advance if you can bring me some help.

1: automake

+ automake --foreign --add-missing --copy
configure.in: 8: required file `src/autoconf.h.in' not found
/usr/local/share/automake/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/local/share/automake/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/local/share/automake/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/local/share/automake/am/lang-compile.am: AMDEP does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
+ autoconf
configure.in:8: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONFIG_HEADER
configure.in:10: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
configure.in:20: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONDITIONAL
*** Error code 1

2: various "not found"

===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for libmikmod-3.1.10
-e: not found
*** Error code 127

can be -dc: not found (mpeg_lib)

 >> Checksum OK for icecast-1.3.12.tar.gz.
===>  Patching for icecast-1.3.12_1
-e: not found
*** Error code 127

3. checksum pb

 >> Checksum mismatch for nap-1.5.0.tar.gz.
Make sure the Makefile and distinfo file
(/usr/ports/audio/napster/distinfo)
are up to date.  If you are absolutely sure you want to override this
check, type "make NO_CHECKSUM=yes [other args]".
*** Error code 1

4. GLIB (for example in atk, sawfish2)

configure:7509: error:
*** GLIB 2.0.0 or better is required. The latest version of
*** GLIB is always available from ftp://ftp.gtk.org/.

but GLIB 2 does not seem to be available for freebsd