Date:      Mon, 02 Aug 1999 20:32:34 -0700
From:      Roy Bettle <rbettle@criterion-group.com>
To:        jim@blues.ghis.net
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, bitter@noah.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Need comparative data

--------------DC945565D49196BE8AAAD6D4

My apologies for not thoroughly checking my own information.  The data re:
redhat.com running FreeBSD on their FTP server was about 1 year old.  I
did anon FTP connect and was greeted with a FreeBSD login.

RAB

Jim Mock wrote:

> On Tue, 03 Aug 1999 at 11:45:17 +0930, Greg Lehey wrote:

> > > One quick point re: FreeBSD - as a high-volume server - vs.
> > > Linux:
> > >
> > > Yahoo! = FreeBSD
> > > cdrom.com = FreeBSD
> > > redhat.com = FreeBSD
> >
> > Where do you get that from?  They'd be the last people to run
> > FreeBSD.
> >
> >   $  ftp ftp.redhat.com
> >   Connected to ftp.redhat.com.
> >   220 ProFTPD 1.2.0pre3 Server (Red Hat FTP) [pub.iad.redhat.com]
>
> That really doesn't say much, but take a look at
> http://www.netcraft.co.uk/Survey/Reports/199905/developers/redhat.html
>
> That survey is from May, but there's links there to see what they're
> currently running.  I don't see FreeBSD on any of those though ;-)
>
> As Greg said, chances of RedHat running FreeBSD is uhm, slim to say
> the least.
>
> --
> - Jim Mock - jim@blues.ghis.net - systems administrator - ghis.NET -
> - work: http://www.ghis.net/ - personal: http://www.ghis.net/~jim/ -
> - FreeBSD 'zine: http://www.freebsdzine.org/ - jim@freebsdzine.org -
> - FreeBSD: http://advocacy.freebsd.org/ - jim@advocacy.FreeBSD.org -

--------------DC945565D49196BE8AAAD6D4

begin:vcard
n:Bettle;Roy
tel;work:(949) 452-1203
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.criterion-group.com
org:Criterion Group, Inc.
version:2.1
email;internet:rbettle@criterion-group.com
title:President
note:Businesses that depend on computers, depend on us.
adr;quoted-printable:;;26895 Aliso Creek Road=0D=0ASuite B404;Aliso Viejo;CA;92656;USA
fn:Bettle, Roy
end:vcard