Date:      Wed, 21 Jun 2000 04:35:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adam <bsdx@looksharp.net>
To:        Christian Jacobi <cj@cs.uni-sb.de>
Cc:        hirbli@hermite.cs.uni-sb.de, cj@hermite.cs.uni-sb.de, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with vr

>May 26 19:15:38 hermite /kernel: vr0: watchdog timeout
>

>Has anyone seen similar behaviour? Any hints?

I got this on 4 of 4 such network cards, but only when overclocking my
300a cpu to 450.  I only have one now and it is not in a freebsd machine
anymore.  Funny thing was I was Not overclocking the PCI bus at all,
33mhz.  It would barf those errors and xfer nothing for a random # of
seconds.  The 50% speed boost is more important to me than a crappy
nic.  In its new (and last home before the trash or ebay) is in a win2k
machine where it seems to function continuously but at most 1/3 of 100BT
speeds.  If you need a quick cheap possible fix, linksys 10/100 are $15 at
compusa.  Personally, next time I purchase a nic it will be a $35 Intel
"fxp" and I will pretend its $20 less while enjoying fast speeds,
reliability, and peace of mind :-)