Date:      Tue, 09 Jan 1996 18:20:59 -0800
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: PnP problem...

Sorry Terry this does not make any sense. My gus does have different devices.
You can say that the GUS PnP has a poor architecture for handling  different
devices -- that I would agree with.

The fact remains that the GUS PnP is not an isolated PnP soundcard which is
going to offered similar configuration problems. Somehow we have to :

a. know in advance which  devices is the kernel configured for, if possible
   given that we have lkms

b. then configured all PnP devices which we know we have driver for.

c. continue with normal probe and  attach driver initialization sequence.

	Tnks,
	Amancio