Date:      Fri, 1 Jun 2001 09:53:08 -0400
From:      "Peter C. Lai" <sirmoo@cowbert.2y.net>
To:        <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Apache Software Foundation Server compromised, resecured. (fwd)

usually on untrusted systems (such as a public terminal), i ssh via
mindterm's java ssh client which is stored on the system that i access. It
only uses SSH1 (because they haven't written an SSH2 client yet).  The java
applet version i'm using is unsigned, and therefore should run in it's own
sandbox wrt to the java runtime that i am using.  Barring a trojaned java
runtime that record all keystrokes, how else is using a trusted client
stored on a trusted machine from an untrusted terminal dangerous?

Peter C. Lai | University of Connecticut
peter.lai@uconn.edu | Undergraduate Research Assistant
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential,
may be privileged, and is intended only for the use of the
recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended
recipient(s) or a representative(s) of the intended recipient(s),
you have received this e-mail in error and must not copy,
use or disclose the contents of this email to anybody
else. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and
permanently delete the copy you received.